Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Redoing things!

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Redoing things!














I've been working on making a new bedspread, pillows, bed skirt and curtains, and now another project is done. The bedspread is a bit of a heavy kind of material, probably meant more for upholstery, but it was still soft enough and not to heavy to move around like a bedspread. I've included a close up of the pillows because of the trim. I found a great eBay list, that has the most beautiful trims and for a cost far less than I would pay elsewhere in town.
The bedroom is rectangular in shape, so when the doors were on the closet, it made it hard to open them fully. We took them off right away and over the years I've changed the curtains a few times. I think this time I'll leave them alone for a while. I thought it gave the bedroom a much nicer look and so easy to do. A rod to hang them on, a couple of wood pieces to attach to the wall to hold them up and some pretty spindles on the end complete the look. A coat of stain and some varnish helped to match them fairly well to the oak furniture. The last part of the project was to make a bedskirt to tie it all together. That wasn't hard, it just meant taking the older fabric off the liner that fits under the mattress. I sewed the new skirt to that, and presto change-o.......done !

2 comments:

  1. WOW! It all looks GREAT together! Well done, Ro ~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Serena, I just have some wall quilts to do to finish it off...Soon, very soon..... ;o) Ro

    ReplyDelete