Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: New Year's 2008

Saturday, December 29, 2007

New Year's 2008

Only a couple more days now for 2007 to have outlived it's time and to bring in the New Year to take it's place. Do you make resolutions??? I don't, too much pressure to start a new year off with by placing demands on me to do certain things. Instead, I just make promises to myself to try and do better at the things that I wasn't so great at in the previous year and continue to do the things I enjoyed and maybe do even better. I like to take on new challenges, so I promise to challenge myself to try new things and see how I do. It doesn't matter if it doesn't work, it's more important that I try... I have one funny little superstition about New Year, so I decided to search the net and see what else is out there. Here is an abbreviated version of what I found.

**Kissing at midnight** - We kiss those dearest to us at midnight not only to share a moment of celebration with our favourite people, but also to ensure those affections and ties will continue throughout the year....

**Stocking up** - The new year must not be seen in with bare cupboards.....

**Paying off bills** - The new year should not be begun with the household in debt.....

**First Footing** ( my personal favourite superstition) The first person to enter your home after the stroke of midnight will influence the year you're about to have. Ideally, he should be dark haired, tall and good-looking, and it would be even better if he came bearing small gifts.....

**Nothing goes out** - Nothing, absolutely nothing, not even garbage - is to leave the house on the first day of the year. If you've presents to deliver on New Year's, leave them in the car overnight....

**Letting the Old Year out** - At midnight, all the doors of a house must be opened to let the old year escape unimpeded....

**Loud noise** - Make as much noise as possible at midnight. You're not just celebrating: you're scaring away evil spirits, so do it well.

**Born on January 1st** - Babies born on this day will always have luck on their side.

There are more on Snopes.com. and the text of the above, if you'd like to read the full article. Here's wishing you all a great start to the New Year and that it continues throughout the year. Stay safe if you go out to parties or other events. Take care of each other, don't let someone drive if you can see that they are in no shape to do so. Send them home in a taxi, it's safer for them and everyone they might have come in contact with. All in all, have a great time whatever you do.

glitter graphics

Happy New Year Glitter Graphics

No comments:

Post a Comment