Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Socks

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Socks

Can't believe it's been almost a month since I posted. I've been busy and also went away on a mini vacation, which was wonderful. I'll post a couple of pictures later to show where we were. Today, I thought I would show you where my latest crafty ventures have led me. I haven't knit socks for ages, probably years but it's been renewed by the yarns that are on the market now. I got frustrated, like a lot of knitters I bet, by wanting to make interesting socks but hating to have to cut and rejoin different colours of yarn and then having to weave all those threads in after. To much trouble I think. However, now there are new yarns out there that take all the misery out of making socks. These are done with a basic sock pattern, using 4 needles size 2 3/4MM. I've done one of each of two colours to show you the different patterns that develop depending on the yarn you buy. I have other colours to try as well and when I get to those,I'll post another picture. Check your yarn stores if you're a knitter and see what's out there. Some are referring to them as computerized yarns. They are different than varigated yarns because they do form patterns as opposed to having different colours throughout.

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic socks, Ro!! :) They sure look like they would keep the toes nice and cosy in the cooler months. How long does it take you to knit up a pair?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't they neat. I have two more colours to post over the weekend. A pair doesn't take long.With my schedule if I can knit for a while each time, a sock a day is what I can manage.

    ReplyDelete