Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: A Little Diversion

Thursday, March 29, 2007

A Little Diversion

I've been so busy with making dolls lately I decided a little diversion was in order. I'm finally getting busy and making a photo album for my doll pictures. Nothing says organized like pictures in an album... The first step is pretty simple but effective. I found a perfect size of album at the local dollar store. The next thing was "what to do to the album to make it more creative". I put it aside as I often do, when the inspiration doesn't come right away.
Now, I know. I used a sheet of ivory coloured, hand made paper that I bought at a specialty store. It's a wonderful textured paper, similar to rice paper but more durable. It's stitched all over with a scroll design and gold metallic thread. Perfect.
The next step. What to put on the cover. Last night I was going through some painting patterns and there it was. In the latest issue (Mar-Apr) of SDP magazine, a wonderful woman wearing a big floppy hat and just her profile. The other element in the design is a gloved hand. Perfect again. So far all I've done is to trace the outline on. I've clipped away the threads that were lying on the face area and applied gesso to fill in the holes. This is where I'm at for now. I will add another update soon...

1 comment:

  1. This is going to be lovely, Ro! I can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete